“How in the world do you survive?” people often ask us. Trust is the simple, yet radical answer. We trust in God’s Providence and the goodness of others to help us provide for the needs of the Residents at St. Joseph’s Home. This might seem like a dangerously naïve answer in today’s complex healthcare environment, but trust is what has sustained generations of Little Sisters for a total of over 127 years in Louisville.
Approximately 50% of the funds needed to operate St. Joseph’s Home are generated by the Residents, with about 90% of this coming from Medicaid reimbursement for nursing care. The remaining 50% of the needed income is generated through fundraising – everything from direct mail campaigns, church collections, legacies and grants, to the numerous fundraising events we hold each year.
Your Gift is Essential!
Without your help we would be unable to serve the needy elderly of our community. There are many ways that you can help.
Ways to donate:
- Online donation
- St. Joseph’s Circle: sponsor a Resident of our home for a month with a tax deductible donation of $4,000.00
- Gifts in Kind - businesses and individuals donate needed items such as food, personal care items and office supplies.
- Planned giving - make a lasting gift by putting our Home in your will or insurance. (Contact us for a planned giving brochure)
- Stock transfer - information available on request
- Matching Gifts - find out if your company has or is willing to start a matching gift program
- Individual or group fundraiser - contact us for more information
- Memorials and Tributes – give on behalf of or in honour of a loved one
For more information on how to support St. Joseph’s Home, please contact our Development Office at email@example.com.